11.22.2013

NaNoWriMo takes over

I have just reached the 50K word mark on revising the book. I am ahead of the game!

Well, kind of... I'm the queen over-writing and there is no way I'd be happy with a mere 50K words revised.

I am taking a day off today, thus why the blog is being updated. I need it. My kids need it. My husband needs it. But I'm going to write tomorrow and every day until Dec. 1, and then? I'll keep writing.

NaNoWriMo is going to become NaDeWriMo, and because of the holidays, NaJaWriMo as well.

As a National November Writing Month virgin, I've collected a few of my experiences this month so far.

The Good?

* I've gotten used to writing every day.
* I feel like a real writer.
* I've taken some blah scenes and rewrote them into fab scenes.
* I love my book and the characters in it and really think it has a chance.
* I've met more writers over Twitter thanks to the #NaNoWriMo hashtag.

The Bad?

* Too much coffee makes Ann very jittery, especially after 3pm.
* 2am wake-ups are not horribly fun.
* My daughter said she missed me; my son cried when I opened up my laptop.

The Amusing?

* After going to bed and waking up typing for days, I woke up with my laptop in my arms.
* I somewhat stalked a girl with my camera phone because her hair was just like my MC's.
* I've become such as regular at my two coffee bars, they could holler, "Ann!" when I stroll in.

Looks like my 24-hour hiatus is almost up! Off I go!

I'll see you at the coffee bar, hunching over my laptop, sucking down an Americano.

No comments:

Post a Comment