11.29.2014

NaNoWriMo: Day 29, The Aftermath


At 52,156, I finished my story and now I'm stuck with the opposite problem that my YA contemporary fantasy has. Much less words!

So, this is what plotting does. Interesting.

I crossed my 50K over a week ago, but I took advantage of the time to proof. Added 2K in there. Not a shock.

So, the vitals after NaNoWriMo 2014?

Title: Even Pharaohs Turn to Sand, or EPTTS

Genre: NA Contemporary/Romance

Length: 52,000

Pitch: When a prestigious post-grad job announces Grayson as a top candidate, will she get her just deserves or swallow her pride and admit her past?

It will be very interesting to see how much this changes after I put it away and come back to it in a couple months. 

I want to thank many fellow writers who sprinted with me, online and in person, the lovely baristas who served me coffee (including the one who became my muse), my children for patiently waiting for playtime so I could get my daily word count out and my husband who cheered me and got me those wonderful slicky notes for plotting. There's no way this month could've gone as smoothly without you.

A day off and then I return with a renewed approach to my YA. Oh, Mega Girl, I missed you so.

So what did you all write?

No comments:

Post a Comment