7.19.2015

Claiming the Power

In May, my YA had it. It had interest. It had a (somewhat) solid platform. It had the power.

And it suddenly disappeared and lost the power.

Why?

Because I'm my worst critic.

And it's an up-and-down thing. I love it one day. Loathe it the next.

So, I put it away about a month ago and devoted myself to working on my amazing critique partners' work. I even added a few first chapter swaps to find beta readers.

And then the hugest urge to return and revise struck me.

Problem was, it's was not for my YA, it was for my NA I wrote back in November.

So, once I again, I listened to my heart and brain and gave the NA a look for about two weeks. Sent a couple samples out. Continued to love it. I think it has a lot of potential but needs a bit of work still.

Then, I even started plotting another NA in my head. (I dared not try paper or else I've committed.)

But now, the time has come to return. I need to give it more love. I've got some readers who will hopefully give it love as well.

Because after all the rewrites, I'm taking this one into Pitch Wars.

And I'm not going to lose the power.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment