8.19.2015

Fellow writer/Twitter love fest

Last year, I had a story I wanted to share. I shared it in Pitch Wars. It was enjoyed, but not enough. And it needed something more. Many tips and advice on it came my way.

So, I put it away and wrote a new story. And I fell in love with it.

Then, I decided to put that away so I could return to the old story and rewrite it. And I did.

This year, I decided to try to share it again.

This year it's stronger. This year I'm stronger.

How?

I listened. I read. I pondered. And I revised my ass off.

I follow a collection of amazing writers.

From a simple bit of advice of tense that helped their own novel to a day-by-day book plotting in a month to a short letter that told me what was missing from my MS, I've gotten the best bits.

Then, the critique partners I've met and came to trust my babies with have become a support group beyond what I could ever expect.

So, as I prepare to enter my second Pitch Wars with a new version of last year's story, I must make this post short. But I have a huge list of thank yous. And a lot of you already know who you are.




No comments:

Post a Comment